Children's nutrition should be healthy and balanced also outside of school. Here are some tips to help you make a home menu:
- focus on vegetables and legumes - they should be the basis of the diet;
- make sure that the child eats fruits and berries, dairy and dairy products, whole grains, seeds, and nuts in small portions every day;
- cook fish (2-3 times a week) and meat (preferably poultry and rabbit) during the week;
- minimize the amount of salt and sugar;
- use healthy oils (olive, corn, linseed, pumpkin, walnut);
- monitor the water balance of the student: the child should receive enough fluids and drink not according to a schedule but focusing on the feeling of thirst.