- Cut the apples (skin on) into quarters and place them in a large pot.
- Pour in enough water to just float them. (You can also use apple peel and cores. See notes above about apples)
- Cover and bring the pot to a rolling boil, then reduce the heat and allow to simmer gently for medium heat for roughly 1 4/5 minutes - 2 hours.
- Stir every 20 minutes or so just to make sure the apple isn't sticking to the bottom of the pot. How to use pectin?
- 🥣Use about 1/4 cup apple pectin per cup of fruit for jams. For jellies, use 1/4 cup apple pectin per cup of fruit juice.
- Measure the combined pectin and juice and add an equal amount of sugar.
Also, you don't need to use whole apples! You can easily and successfully make it with the scraps leftover from canning, making apple sauce, or apple butter. Save up all the peels and cores (freeze if needed to get enough) and use that instead of whole apples. And if you don't want to go through too much trouble and the benefits of pectin are obvious, choose our gummies⭐️!